In 2007, a service contract was signed between the Ministry of Regional Development and Public Works of the Republic of Bulgaria and a joint venture of ADO SA with Greek and international companies for the project: “Technical Assistance for Preparation of Future CBC Programs between Bulgaria - Greece”.
The overall objective of the project was to support the Bulgarian central and local authorities, involved in the joint bodies established under the CBC Program in the implementation of their tasks.
The purpose of this contract was:
- To establish a mechanism for efficient programming and implementation of the future CBC programs between Bulgaria and Greece and to strengthen the institutional capacity at national and local levels in the context of the future ERDF financing
- To develop effective technical preparation of projects (project pipeline) within the future Cross-border program, financed under ERDF, ensuring an advanced capability to undertake EU membership obligations in the area of cross-border cooperation and good absorption capacity for the increasing EU financial support.
In 2007, a service contract was signed between the Central Finance & Contracts Unit, Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Bulgaria and a joint venture of ADO SA with Greek and international companies for the project: “Creating Project Pipeline for SF Applications – Project Generation Facility Elaboration of ERDF Project Proposals”.
The overall objective of the project is to enhance the efficient expenditure of Structural Funds (ERDF) resources in “Competitiveness” and “Regional Development” Operational Programs related measures in the programming period 2007 – 2013.
The purposes of this contract are as follows:
- To deliver an eligibility check of the suggested project idea / proposal portfolio by the Contractor of Phase 1, enhance the final identification of viable project ideas / proposals for further development and SF absorption with the leadership of Regional Development managing authority (MA)
- To assist the set up of the operational manual for the most efficient functioning of a Project Generation Facility
- To develop project ideas into fully fledged project proposals including all supporting documents ready for support under the Regional Development OP for the programming period 2007 – 2013. The applications forms must be accompanied by all annexes, licenses and permits as prescribed in the measure specific SF call for proposals
- To strengthen the absorption capacity of micro and SMEs by improving their project preparation and management skills
- To establish good awareness and efficient two-way communication channels among the key players involved in program implementation (SMEs – final beneficiaries of OP, trainers, Intermediate body and Managing Authority)
- To strengthen and promote partnership on project operational level.
ADO S.A. as a member of the J/V “ATHLESIS 2004” comprising three Greek companies, signed a contract with the Ministry of Culture/ General Secretariat for the OlympicGames for the rendering of Supervision Services to the Technical Projects included in the Program “HELLAS 2004” and to those that are being brought forward because of the Olympic Games, which would take place at the four Olympic Cities, Ancient Olympia and Igoumenitsa, as well as the projects of the sub-programs: Pre-Olympics Training Sites Network and Training Sites Network.
The contract was signed in 2003 and its budget was € 1.628.477. The participation rate of ADO SA to the Joint Venture, of which is also the manager, is 40%.
The Consultant’s scope of work includes the following groups of services:
- Supervision of timetables and technical specifications of the projects, as these are represented in the approved technical reports of the projects.
- Supporting Services to the Ministry of Culture/General Secretariat for the Olympic Games, which are divided to the rendering of advising services for all the subjects of the contracts, selection of consultants specialists, visits to the main projects, regular progress reports, administrative support to the Ministry of Culture/General Secretariat for the Olympic Games, etc.
The Project Special Preparatory Program for Structural Funds in Bulgaria - Institution Building Component (SPP-IB/TA), was a Technical Assistance Project with the following objectives: Mainly to help Bulgaria to apply and manage the 3 available pre-accession financing instruments: PHARE, ISPA and SAPARD and build the necessary know-how that will allow Bulgaria to benefit from the Structural Funds and the Cohesion Fund after accession to the EU.
In the frame of this project six Regional Development Plans leading to the Single Regional Operational Program were elaborated and significant advisory support was offered for the revisions of the National Economic Development Plan and the ex-ante evaluation of the National Agricultural and Rural Plan (2000 - 2001).
Technical Advisors for the Project "Communication Strategy, Action Plan and Publicity Proposals Implementation for the Regional Operational Programs (ROP) of the North and South Aegean and Crete Regions." The advisory services aimed to transfer to the advertising consultant the know-how and background of the ROP's in the three subject regions (1998).
Special Advisors for specifications for implementation procedures of projects included in Community Programs as Community Frame Support, Community Initiatives, Cohesion Fund, Program of Public Investments and Private Investments for the Ministry of National Economy (1996).
ADO SA as leader of a 3 Greek companies Joint Venture elaborated the technical and financial Management of the Regional Operational Programs for Attica Region (Athens), aiming to the maximum absorption of the first Community Frame Support funds of EU. The project included the technical checking and monitoring of 1.200 projects, the upgrading of software and the evaluation and reconstruction of the program, aiming to successful completion of projects (Ministry of National Economy, 1992-1995).